A dog grooming business can be very lucrative. Check out these dog grooming facts and figures to see why a business for Fido is a smart path toward personal and professional success.
An Essential Business
Pet grooming is incredibly important for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it helps maintain the health and hygiene of your furry friends. Regular grooming can help prevent skin irritations, matting, and other issues that can arise from lack of attention to a pet’s coat and skin. It also helps with early detection of potential health problems, such as lumps or bumps on the skin.
Additionally, grooming can help reduce shedding, minimize allergies, and prevent the spread of parasites like fleas and ticks. And of course, regular grooming helps your furry friend look and feel their best, which is important for their overall well-being.
What We Spend on Our Pets
We Americans love our pets, and we’re willing to spend big bucks to keep them happy and healthy. According to the American Pet Products Association (APPA), Americans spent a staggering $103.6 billion on our pets in 2020, up from $97.1 billion in 2019. Of that, $31.4 billion was spent on pet food and treats, while $19.2 billion was spent on vet care. But one area that saw significant growth was pet grooming and boarding, which increased by 9.7% to $9.7 billion in 2020.
This growth trend continued, with APPA finding that Americans spent $123.6 billion on their pets in 2021.
The Pet Grooming Market Today
While there are various avenues to consider within the pet care industry, grooming is an increasingly versatile and lucrative market. Pet industry statistics show that the grooming sector is made up of diverse products, including pet shampoos and conditioners, pet toothpaste, detangling brushes, special scissors, and clippers. The industry is expected to grow at an annualized rate of 4.5% to reach a total market value of $5.488 million over the next three years, according to Allied Market Research.
In addition to the strong market demand, dog grooming franchises often require low startup costs and overhead, making it a great opportunity for new entrepreneurs or those looking to expand their investment portfolio.
Here are some more dog grooming facts and figures to consider:
- The average cost of a basic grooming session for a dog is around $50, according to Thumbtack.
- The dog grooming industry is highly fragmented, with the top four players accounting for less than 10% of the market share, according to IBISWorld.
- The mobile pet grooming industry is growing, with more and more pet owners preferring the convenience of having their furry friend groomed at home. This provides a great opportunity for franchises like Aussie Pet Mobile to corner the market with superior services.
- Dog grooming franchises can offer a range of services beyond basic grooming, including nail trimming, teeth cleaning, and specialty shampoos and treatments. This allows for multiple revenue streams.
- Aussie Pet Mobile provides comprehensive training and ongoing support for franchisees at every level, making it easier for new entrepreneurs to get started and allowing those with previous experience in the industry the opportunity to grow.
Get Grooming with Aussie Pet Mobile
With Americans spending billions on their pets each year, investing in a dog grooming franchise can be a lucrative opportunity for those looking to break into the pet industry or expand their investment portfolio. And with low startup costs and the potential for upselling and cross-selling, dog grooming franchises offer a great opportunity for new entrepreneurs to get started in the industry.
To learn more about what makes Aussie Pet Mobile an ideal franchise to partner with in the pet grooming industry, inquire now.